How to write a Chronological CV? Use our Chronological CV example to get started with your job application.
Chronological CV Example Template
Some Court, Telephone: 01882 652349
Tyler Green, Mobile: 07717 121824
Bucks, Email: ashleygill01@
Multi-lingual business studies undergraduate with varied financial work experience and strong interpersonal
skills seeks a career in financial consulting.
(Your profile should be concise and reflect the opportunity on offer in its emphasis.)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
(Relate course content to the opportunity. This may be the subject of your dissertation or a list of relevant modules.)
2015 – 2019 Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College BA International Business Studies with Spanish (expected 2:1)
• Study semester at the University of Valladolid (Spain).
• Six month work placement in Barcelona.
• Final year 12,000 word dissertation on different approaches to the recent government work-life balance scheme. Included analysis of the UK pensions market to 2050.
2010 – 2014 Tonbridge School
A-Level: French (C) and Business Studies (B)
GCSE: French (A); Maths (B); Spanish (B); Biology (C);
Chemistry (C); Physics (C); English (C); Information Technology (C)
FINANCE RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
(It is useful to distinguish between work experience directly related to the post and other work experience)
2018 (Feb – Aug) Audigest S.A. (Barcelona)
• Six months’ work experience in an international bank.
• Working with a senior auditor reviewing company financial systems and analysing risk.
• Performing tests to check that financial information systems were fit for purpose.
2020 (Jan – Aug) First Choice Holidays and Flights Ltd (High Wycombe)
• Supplier Statement Reconciliation: Worked in team of four matching invoices to payments
made on account.
• Accruals matching team member: Worked in a team of twenty.
2019 (Jul – Aug) Cats Protection League (Chalfont)
• Working within the accounts payable team.
• Duties: bank reconciliations, branch recharges, updating sales and purchase ledger and
calculating trial balances.
• Maintained fixed asset register.
• Responsible for producing branch holding funds and preparation of management accounts.
• Undertook OCR Level 1 Book Keeping Course.
2013 Brebner, Allen and Trapp Chartered Accountants
Unpaid Work Experience
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
(You may have gained skills or experience in these posts that you think are relevant. You can draw attention to them in your covering letter.)
2017 (Jun – Dec) Sainsbury’s Local (Hazelmere)
2015 – 2019 Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College
Campus Librarian (Dec 07 – Feb 20)
University Tour Guide (Sep 05 – Jan 21)
2013 (Jan– Dec) McDonald’s (High Wycombe)
Crew Member & Supervisor
• French: Semi-fluent.
• Spanish: Fluency obtained working in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Completed Cicero Language School two-day TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign
• OCR Level 1 & 2 Web design. (MS Frontpage).
• Experience of SageLine 100, Barclays Business Master and Care (Livecontacts).
• Confident user of all Office applications, Email and Internet.
VOLUNTARY WORK EXPERIENCE
2018 (Feb – Aug) Teaching English (Valladolid, Spain)
2016 (Feb – Mar) Student Volunteering: Teaching young adults DJ’ing skills
2014 (Sep – Jan) Teaching English (Guadalajara, Mexico)
• Enjoy running and have successfully completed organised races for Diabetes UK.
• Driver’s licence with no endorsements held since 2010.
Available on request