It is always good idea to speak to your employer first before handing your resignation. He or she may help you out and you may not have to resign.
How do I quit my job immediately?
Your reason to quit may be many different things including:
– Money, you want more to stay.
– Promotion, you still didn’t get the long due promotion!
– A specific colleague giving you headache
– You don’t like the way things work.
- Thank You Letter Example After a Group Interview
- Email Resignation Letter Example
- After Maternity Leave Resignation Letter Example
- Resignation Letter Example – Career Change
- Resignation Letter Example – Due to Family Illness
- Simple Resignation Letter Example with Regret
- Retirement Resignation Letter Example
You can also have reasons that your employer can’t help however you should still leave your job on good terms. Under no circumstances you shouldn’t burn the bridges.
At the end of the day, you will need a reference from your previous employer if nothing else.
We have tons of example resignation letters here on resignletter.org. Check them out to see if you can find one that will work for you.
The usual way is to give two weeks notice. This very important for both the company and yourself. It gives company a time to find someone else for your position and a time for you to finish what you are on and hand everything to someone before you quit.
How to write a Resignation Letter
Speak to your employer. Communication is necessary. you can’t go anywhere without talking to each other.
Your last day at work. This is the most important information for the employer.
Resignation Letter Example – Due to Illness
If you are going to leave your job due to an illness then use this sample letter after amending it as suitable.
Resignation Letter with 24 hours notice
You don’t have whole two weeks to wait to quit your job? in that case you will have to check out this sample:
Resignation Letter: Two Weeks Notice
Resignation Letter: No Notice Period
Even though we don’t recommend giving no notice period, you can use this letter example if you have to:
Formal Resignation Letter Example
Here is a great example of a formal resignation letter: