When you want to quit your job due to a career change then this letter can be ideal for you. You can use this resignation letter example for free. All you need to do is amend it and make it suitable to yourself then email it or post it to your Managers.
Resignation Letter Example – Career Change
Mr Joseph Bloggs
1 High Street
Mr J Smith
Head of Finance and Transactions
147 The Street
Dear Mr Smith
Please accept this letter as formal notice that I wish to resign from my current position as Administration Supervisor, effective from the date above.
As you know, I have been completing a part-time degree in Forensic Analysis for the past five years, and I have been seeking a career change since my graduation. To this end, I have been offered a position working for Sometown Police forensics department.
The terms of my contract required I give you four weeks’ notice of my intentions; therefore my date on which I depart will be (insert date). If I have outstanding accumulated annual leave, please advise me how much I have and when I should take it, or if it will be paid to me.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for the help, support, and opportunities I have had in the fantastic years I have been with the company. I feel I have learned a lot to take with me to my new job.
Should you require any additional information from me, do not hesitate to contact me.
- How to Impress the Interviewer – Job Interview Secrets!
- Formal Resignation Letter Examples With A Reason
- Formal Resignation Letter Examples With A Notice Period
- How to Resign From Your Job in 2021 with Great Example Letters
- Formal Resignation Letter Example
- Can You Be Fired for Calling in Sick?
- How to Find a Job After Getting Fired: Top 10 Tips